Superceded model






My baby girl has, yesterday, given birth to a baby boy. 

After 39 years of medical practice (which, to use a rugby analogy, involved playing first receiver in the labour ward), you are obliged to accept my opinion as legitimate. This kid is beautiful. 

This will come as no surprise to those who are fortunate enough to know my wife, my daughter and her husband, who look like they have come from central casting. And while pulchritude is not an essential characteristic for success or happiness, it is undoubtedly not a handicap. 

I am immensely relieved, happy and proud.


Comments

Herajasa said…
A beautiful boy. Congratulations, what great news!

Hope all are doing well.
Ben Clibrig said…
Thank you, H. That's lovely of you.
Hopefully he has inherited his genes from his mother, father and grandmother.
rachael said…
Congratulations (from one of H's daughter)!! That's wonderful
Ben Clibrig said…
Lovely Lizzie and I produced five daughters. The only male in my life was my Dad.
I'm uncertain how to relate to a baby boy, but I'm pretty sure that lots of cuddles can't do any harm.
(Until he reaches puberty, anyway.)